DUKE10 Specifications & Setup
- Instrument Weight - 2.2lbs* (1kg) (excluding hard case & packaging)
- Total Length - 27.56” (70cm) - from bottom of drum to top of headstock
- Drum Size (diameter) - 10” (25.4cm)
- Drum Construction - 5 Ply Birch with thicker inner ply for better structural integrity, more rigidity and resonance ('Season 3' Upgrade)
- Fretboard - American walnut with mother-of-pearl acrylic fret marker inlays (dots) at frets 5, 7, 10 & 12
- Fret Marker Side Dots at frets 5,7,10 & 12 - mother-of-pearl acrylic
- Frets - 18 - Nickel Silver
- Action Height at Fret One - 0.5mm to 0.75mm
- Action at Height Fret Twelve - 2.2mm to 3.0mm
- Nut Width 1.3/8” (35mm) - Bone ('Season 3' Upgrade from plastic)
- Distance from Nut to 12th fret 8.464” (21.5cm)
- Tuners - rear-facing banjo-style 4:1 ratio planetary gears - chrome plated with mother of pearl acrylic knobs ('Season 3' Modification - Slightly modified knobs)
- Electrics - Dual passive disc-shaped transducer pickups (made in USA) with std 1/4” input jack ('Season 3' Upgrade from single transducer)
- Arm Rest - Chrome plated steel
- Neck - solid nato wood
- Strings - Genuine Aquila Supernylgut tenor ukulele strings with traditional GCEA tuning (high G)
- Drum head - high density polyvinyl screen printed with DUKE10 crown graphic
- Tailpiece - precision “smooth-edge” steel
- 'Season 3' Upgrade - addition of an awesome Hard Case - All DUKE10's will ship in the custom designed Classic Vintage Tweed Case.
- 'Season 3' Upgrade - Fully adjustable black nylon shoulder strap with black leather ends. Including leather strap ties/holders to attach it to the tension rods (this replaces the white webbing strap). Images to come.
- Drum tensioner key with integrated Phillips-head screwdriver for tightening the string tuner knobs
Whether you play chords on it like a ukulele, or tune and finger-pick it like a banjo, the sound is always bright and loud, but with a richness that stands out from the crowd.
We selected the longer tenor-sized fingerboard to make it easier to play, as the frets have wider spacing than smaller fingerboards (like concert and soprano).
The first thing you will notice upon taking it out of the box is that it is SUPER LIGHT! Just 1kg (2.2lbs).
The DUKE10 is designed in New Zealand and carefully built in China using precision components from China, USA and Italy. We personally oversee the production of the DUKE10 in our specially appointed manufacturing facility in the Shaanxi Province of China, whose specialty is building high-end ukuleles (for some very high-profile brands) and, more importantly, banjoleles. We also personally quality check, tune and play each DUKE10 before it gets safely tucked away into its very own hard case. It is then boxed up, ready for shipping to you.
Your banjo ukulele will come out of the box without needing any adjustments, every time...and it stays that way forever. Just stand the bridge up, re-tune the strings, and go!
Watch the short video below to learn how to set up your DUKE10 banjolele bridge.
Playing chords on the DUKE10 is made easy due to the more spacious fret placement of the tenor scale length fingerboard - making the DUKE10 perfect for both budding or experienced musicians. Many choose to use a DUKE10 to compliment a guitar group – the result is full & melodious. With guitars, surrounded by DUKE10's, you will hear the old time tunes the way their composers originally intended, while enjoying the easy fingering of the tenor fretboard.
Although many believe the ultimate guitar/banjolele/ukulele sound combo to be found in the tunes of the 1920’s, we encourage you to blend these instrument combinations in modern songs as well.
* Subject to final weigh-in following upgrades - likely to be slightly heavier.